Saturday, June 20, 2009

Emergency Surgery

Please bear with me since I am on lots of pain meds right now! But I wanted to update everyone on what has happen this last week.
I had been having lots of pain on my left side so I went to the doctor on monday and he said I had a really big cyst about 8-10 cm on my left ovary/ He told me to go home and take it easy and come back on Thursday.. So when I went back in againon Thursday, he checked me and he said it had grown. I had a sonogram done and it was 14 cm big! Bigger than a softball. So he scheduled me for emergency surgery for (yesterday)Friday to take it out and to take my left ovary out. After the surgery the doctor told us that I actually had 2 tumors that were 14 cm's, not just one. The other one was on my right side. So I had to get that removed and plus I had all sorts of big cysts all around it just not as big as 14 cm. They were however able to save my ovary's.. They think. They didn't have to take them out. Which was a huge blessing.

The crazy thing is that we were supposed to pack up the truck today and Ryan was going to move to MOntana without us since we were closing on our house Monday. So everyone here in the ward was scattering trying to find places for me and the girls to stay etc. The realtor called Ryan on the cellphone DURING my surgery and said that the appraisal was late getting there so they had to post pone our closing date until the 30th of June. Heavenly Father has been watching over us soo much, I am definitely counting my blessings right now. So even though we aren't moving right away now I am so happy that I can stay in my house (even though its completely packed up) and in my nice comfy bed.

If anyone wants to see the pictures let me know.. They are nasty but I like to see that sort of thing. I will email them to you if you want.

7 comments:

Val said...

Poor girl! I hope you getting feeling well soon. So glad your able to recover in the comfort of your own home.

3girlsmom said...

hope you are recovered! did you move yet? are you in cowboy country? hee hee! got your boot on? oh wait you were in cowboy country down there too!

This is us. said...

yeah I want to see it. I never got to see my tumor so I am curious. HOw was the drive to Montana. I bet long

Saunja said...

Oh, wow, Gina! I'm so glad you are doing okay now. Wow.

Can't wait to see you soon!

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. I'll keep you in my prayers that you will heal and all will be well again.
I hope the move went well too.

Saunja said...

Hi again! How are you? I need an update!!

Adam and Michelle Bradbury said...

Come on guys I go half way around the world and you stop writing in your blog!?! WTF mate (that's the australian mormon version - what the fetch mate.)

All is well her in the Middle East. It's hot. Today it was a 130 out on the flight line-it got so hot we over temped the oil on all four engines. Maintanence was not happy.

I miss hanging out with you guys as does Michelle. She tells me you guys have talked about meeting up there in Idaho though I'm not sure if its going to happen because it looks like she's punching out back to Tejas in a couple of days. You should just go on a quick weekend vacation to Island park. Bring a tent for the kids, there's an extra guest room for you guys. It's a beautiful place.

Well, I babble. I hope you are all well and that you are enjoying Montana. I've heard it's beautiful up there, if they have mountains I'd trade you in a second. Take care guys,

Ad