Our sweet dog Alley passed away today. We took her to the vet yesterday because she started walking funny and by time we got there she was completely paralyzed in her back legs. The vet said she had a Fibrocartilage Embolism with affects the spinal cord. She was in the hospital over night and we thought she was going to improve and that we would be taking her home. The Vet called at about 2:00 and asked us to come down because she was having a hard time breathing. We went and down and about 2 minutes before we got there she passed away. Our family is so sad and heartbroken. We love her so much and she was truly a part of our family. She will be greatly missed.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your dog. That is the 4th case I have heard of since working at a Vet clinic of this type of embolism.M y heart does go out to you, because we have a dog that is getting up there in years, and I know what is coming and she is a HUGE part of our family. I'm hoping she goes peacefully in her sleep. However, this is a great opportunity to talk to your kids about death and resurrection! YES, ALL THINGS will be made whole again.
so to hear about the dog. How is the new place?
Sorry to hear about Alley. I don't care what Michelle said about that dog, I liked her.
Michelle also told me that you guys called with some very interesting developments in the Johnston family saga. My hearty congratulations though I have to wonder, another mouth to feed - Isn't this going to delay acquiring that race car you've always wanted? Aw whatever, just call him pit crew.
I'm very happy for you guys.
Ad
That is so sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your girls are doing ok and you guys too!
Post a Comment