Saturday, December 20, 2008

Our Christmas letter

I put Ryan in charge of our Christmas letter this year and this is how it came out. I thought I would put it on our blog since we aren't sending Christmas cards to many people this year. We are thinking about you all though! Merry Christmas!


Dear Family and Friends,
Well it’s that special time of year when people try to cram 12 months of niceness into one month and I am going to try and recap an entire year into one letter. And who said Christmas isn’t a season of miracles.
To start, let me wish all of our loved ones a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. (Incase you haven’t already guessed it I have been charged with writing the letter this year instead of Gina. So be prepared.) We hope that at this time and throughout all times that everyone is progressing and succeeding in their goals. Our main goal it seems, is just to make it through another year. However, there are a lot of little goals that make up that large goal so I guess I will expound.
First off we come to the two year old. Taylor unlike her older sister has taken it upon herself to become a living piece of art. If she can find any kind of marker anywhere she will immediately remove her shirt and pants and begin to cover her body with intricate scribbling. Taylor also loves her mother and wants to look just like her and therefore will scale any dresser, cabinet, chair, cupboard, whatever it is to get to her mothers makeup bag and turn herself into a mothers worst makeup nightmare. Let’s not forget her artful disposition and remember that the clothes have come off again and we have ornate tribal signs all over her body. All the art work aside she is a sweetheart and loves to play with her sister and the family dog.
Second is the five year old, Rylie. This beautiful girl is a kindergartener this year and her contributions to the main goal are as follows: Ask a billion questions a day so she can be smarter than me and her mother. She also likes to help her mother with everything including doing the dishes, cooking, and cleaning up. However don’t let this worker ethic fool you she really likes to dance and do anything and everything outside. She is also a very accomplished artist. She is good to her sister and loves her a lot. On days when it’s cold out, she hangs out with me and we play Lego Batman™ on the Wii©.
The third person on this list is a woman so famous she’s “in-famous”. Gina. The year of 2008 has been the year of the bloggers. For those of you who don’t know what blogging is get on the internet and google it. Basically for our family it’s like an online journal that allows family and friends to see what goes on in our chaotic house. However, this blogging thing is just the tip of the iceberg for Gina. She is in the primary presidency, drives Rylie to school, cooks, cleans, puts up with me, keeps Taylor from tearing the house apart, and talks to her friends on the phone while she’s crafting up a storm. Gina is a major reason why we make it through each “year” goal.
Well that about sums it up. I am still working for the DOT in the FAA as an ATC at ABI. (acronyms are cool) I still can’t stand hearing or saying the phrase ya’ll and I still work at the Home Depot part time. My work schedule has changed again which allows me to go to church with the wife and kids. Even with all the crazy antics of my kids, going to church with them is better than going without.
Well that about does it. There goes another year. If you have any questions or comments feel free to call or email. Merry Christmas, Bon Nadal, Feliz Navidad, you get the picture.

Love,
The Johnston's

3 comments:

3girlsmom said...

wow! you are brave. mauricio would probably just say "merry christmas!" love the crayon rolls! i want to order 3 please! and i am glad that you got the halloween card finally! i really thought i had sent it and then there it was on my table! merry christmas!

Heidi said...

That was a great way to send a letter. I wish I had thought of it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too!!!

Saunja said...

Mele Kalikimaka!