Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Scarving! Yes.. We said Scarving.

We had such a fun night carving pumpkins!! Aka. scarving. Rylie calls it scarving :). The girls loved scraping the inside and pulling out the goop! Taylor even ate some of the pumpkin.. I guess she got some extra vitamins out of it.:) Rylie wanted to do the ghost pattern and she poked all the holes herself! What a job! Taylor helped poke the holes too, but she kept wanting to poke other things, like my eye, so I had to take over. I love the smell of carving pumpkins! I brings me back to Utah and the cold nights. Today it was almost 80 degrees here. YUCK! We are definitely ready for some cold weather!


Mom and Taylor V.


Dad making his masterpiece!


Scraping out the goop! Yum!


Mom and Rylie M.

Rylies pumpkin is the ghost and Taylors is the "Kikky".


"I'm Batman" -Dad's creation
Mom's witch/clown.
The pumpkins lit.. Oooooohhhhh, ooooooooooooo.


2 comments:

Saunja said...

I'm so impressed with your pumpkins! They look awesome!

3girlsmom said...

you guys are so dang creative!!! i guess we were cooler than you last week! it was in the 70's in the day and in the 40's and 50's at night. we could have actually put the pumpkins out except for the puppies would have destroyed them.